Friday, May 15, 2015

Chichi Igbo: Former Super Falcons star decries ill treatment of female footballers

In a long Instagram post, the ex-footballer turned fitness trainer revealed that she left because they weren't paid like their male counterparts

 playChichi Igbo (circled in the photo) has left the Super Falcons (Instagram)
Former Super Falcons star, Chichi Igbo has decried the ill treatment of female footballers in Nigeria, stating that it was the reason she abandoned the Nigeria's women national team.
Chichi Igbo is no-longer a part of the Super Falcons set-up and many have wondered why she has been left out of the team.
In a long Instagram post, the ex-footballer turned fitness trainer revealed that she left because they weren't paid like their male counterparts.
"I really miss my girls but definitely not the bullshit, I hope the monkey dey work baboon dey chop business have changed cos our girls deserve much better, it's crazy how people can keep quite when we know nothing is right about the treatment those girls get, they are doing way better than the male team but what do they get? I don't fuss about Nigerians n their bullshit cos we've never gotten along from day 1 and I doubt that's ever gon change and I'm cool with that," she stated in the Instagram post.
"I knew I wouldn't last on the national team cos I don't take bs from nobody and I smelled that immediately I walked in. I was the youngest on the team during my time but I knew and stood on my rights cos I knew nobody from the federation to threaten me of dropping me, (which is the reason most of the girls don't speak up and I can't say I blame them) I merited every call up so know I spoke up when shit wasn't right. It wasn't just about the money but the treatment, they'd train us like animals but deprive us of our rights, no respect whatsoever common now."
She however revealed she will be supporting the Super Falcons in the forthcoming FIFA Women's World Cup in Canada.
"Canada 2015 is just around the corner, I'm rooting for you girls all the way, go make us proud as always. May God continue to strengthen and protect y'all as you serve your country hole heartedly," she concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment